Monday, February 2, 2009

undefined twist of the lips

its pace is slow
it creeps without a glow
inch by inch it grows
ever patient as i watch it subside
with all my might i try
but it's hard to comply
to something so simple yet
seems so impossible
to grasp with might
yet yearning to release
and with all this i still try
yet i fail again
it's there he says
but it's empty
hollow like the very soul itself
gone until it sees again
what it once knew
blinded by the world
they come ever willingly
not giving up
yet not knowing what their actions do
again i say
inch by inch it grows
i tell myself everyday
yet i dont see it
they dont see it
i can't believe i thought it would
where is it
i want it
i need it
i wish it were real
the undefined twist of the tainted lips
the smile i once knew

-lj

1 comment:

It's me said...

I love this. The undefined twist of the tainted lips - the smile i once knew. Can I make it a song? I didn't know you write so well!